|Salary & Benefit Information|
|Contractual Period||7/1/15 - 6/30/16|
|First Year Base Salary||$45,876|
|After 1 year Probation (includes longevity pay of $16.50/mo. for completing 1st year of service)||$47,802|
|Senior Police Officer (achieved after 2 years - rate includes longevity pay for completing 2 years of service; add longevity pay of $16.50/mo. for each additional year of service thereafter - maximum 20 years longevity may be accumulated)||$55,140|
NOTE: POST certified officers with prior experience may qualify to start at either the 1 year or 2 year rate of pay. Out-of-state officers must complete a legal equivalency certification within one year of hire.
Obtain further information by calling Lt. Jack Allen (406) 455-8556.
- Vacation - 120 hours per year; eligible for use after 6 months of employment
- Holidays - 11 days per year in odd years and 12 days per year in even years
- Sick Leave - 96 hours per year; eligible for use after 90 days of employment
- Health Insurance - City contributes $987/mo, employee contributions towards premiums vary depending on type of coverage selected: single coverage - $34/month; employee & child coverage - $96/month; employee & spouse coverage - $101/month; family - $133/month. Example: total premium (City + Employee contribution) for single = $1021/mo. $25 office co-pay; includes medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement Plan - $783 of the City's $949/mo. health insurance contribution is factored into gross pay for retirement benefits only, and does not affect hourly pay. Employee contributes 9% of gross income, employer contributes 14.41%. The State of Montana contributes 29.37% of total compensation paid to municipal police officers each year. Mandatory enrollment through Municipal Police Officers’ Retirement System (MPORS); vested after five years of service. Retirement after twenty years is computed at 2.5% x number of years of service x average of final 3 years salary.
- Uniforms and Equipment - probationary employees are issued required uniforms and equipment
- Unemployment Insurance
- Life Insurance - through Montana Police Protective Association: Member $20,000, Spouse $10,000, Dependant children $5,000
- Additional compensation - includes shift differential and overtime compensation